Tobacco Free Sylhet
||Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids (CTFK)
||Four district town and four upazila town of Sylhet Division
||May 2010 to November 2014
||The main objective of this project is to make 100% smoke free environment in public place and public transport and reduce tobacco use in Sylhet division.
|Number of beneficiaries
Shimantik has been implementing awareness project which will make 100% smoke free environment in the project area and also provide support to implement the tobacco control law in the project area. This project has built a very good relationship with the local government authority to compliance the tobacco laws in Bangladesh. The project covered 8 units (District town and municipality) of Sylhet, Hobigonj, Sunamgonj and Moulovibazer districts.
The objectives of this project are:
- To identify public place and transport and influence respective stakeholders and authorities to establish 100% smoke free environments at 8 selected area of Sylhet division (Sylhet City Corporation, 3 district town and 4 sub district town /municipalities).
- To develop capacity of stakeholders and mechanism for implementation and monitoring 100% smoke free environment in the project areas of Sylhet division.
- To develop necessary guideline and mechanism for different stakeholders/ authorities includes local government to establish and sustain 100% smoke free environment and tobacco control laws in the project area of Sylhet division
- .To sensitize people on the harms of both smoking and some-less tobacco products, advocate for effective policies to reduce tobacco consumption, and build supportive environment to move forward tobacco free initiative in Sylhet Division.
- To declare public place and public transport smoke free and monitor compliance in the project areas of Sylhet division